Institute for Territorial Innovations and Cooperation – ITIC was established in 2015 as an association with the following objectives:
- To support the development of innovations and territorial cooperation in the service of public institutions, citizens, businesses and NGOs.
- To promote local, regional and cross-border economic development through consultations and training of public institutions, businesses, the public and their associations.
- To strengthen the dialogue between the local community and the neighbour border areas for achieving of sustainable local and regional development.
- To participate at expert level and as a civil organization in the drafting of policies at local, regional, cross-border and transnational level.
- To introduce at the local, regional, cross-border and transnational level, the best practices of the country and other countries, related to innovation, territorial cooperation and sustainable development.
- To support the activities of state and local public authorities, NGOs and business organizations when they coincide with the objectives of the Association.
- To promote the experience of other local and foreign organizations with similar objectives and activities in the solving of common problems.
- To contribute to the realization of European policy objectives set in the strategic documents and EU programmes supporting the transfer of innovation, regional development and smart specialization, cross-border and transnational cooperation.
The scope of activities of ITIC are:
- Development, management and implementation of projects to support the study of problems related to innovation, territorial cooperation and local, regional, cross-border and transnational development.
- Organization of trainings and consulting the public, NGO and business sectors in order to achieve local, regional, cross-border and transnational economic and sustainable development.
- Support and promotion of the organization of conferences and meetings related to the objectives of the Association.
- Joint actions with the competent state and local authorities.
- Cooperation with organizations with similar objectives and activities.
- Participation in and supporting the projects of state and local public authorities, businesses and NGOs in areas related to the objectives of the Association.
- Organizing and participating in contact groups at local, regional, cross-border and transnational level.
The main activities of the association include: development and participation in projects to foster innovations and territorial cooperation together with public authorities, NGOs and business, related to local economic and sustainable development; capacity building at local, regional, cross-border and transnational level to develop and implement policies and measures for economic and sustainable development.